Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Curly, Three Stooges & Dogs - Fun Doggie Fact

Just a fun tidbit for the day. With our doggie charity event coming up, I wanted to share some dog related posts!

I am strangely a huge fan of the Three Stooges. I love Curly's crazy antics and falls, and floor spins and spazz outs over cheese and mice. I ran across this photo a while back and wanted to share some fun info about him!

Of course, I'm sure you know about Curly's strokes and the aftermath, and that he was later replaced by his brother Shemp in the show, so I'll skip all that. I thought it was interesting that he was crazy about dogs! Dogs have always had a big role in humans lives - and I always love stumbling across stuff like this photo. After his health had declined, Curly stayed at his home and spent lots of time with his dogs, Lady, Salty and Shorty :) Once he entered the hospital, he missed his dog, Lady, and asked Moe to bring her to the hospital to stay with him. It's a sad story, but it's wonderful to know that having his dogs brought happiness and comfort to him through his declining health.



Want to read his whole bio? Check out this link: www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/113919

No comments: